Menu Monday: What’s on your plate?

Welcome back to Menu Monday! Sorry for my absence last week. It was SO crazy hectic around here. So here we are. What we ate last week. One night a week I sneak out to Starbucks to meet with my blogging team and do work from home coaching with them. So I make an easy meal that night and I usually grab a protein shake on the way out the door. :) We avoid most processed foods but dang we love kraft mac and cheese! :)

I have shared on here how I am working my tushy off to lose weight. We do pizza nights on Friday nights. I have been making mine on the 100 calories sandwich thins. I add spinach leaves, onions, mushrooms, anything I have in the fridge that sounds great. I love it! Have you ever made pizza on those?

We love tilapia at our house. I made lemon pepper tilapia with brown rice and brussel sprouts. I am not sure that the brussel sprouts are that healthy after I get done with them with the butter but they taste great! :)

And pasta is my favorite!! We used the Trader Joe’s vodka sauce and I LOVED it! My husband was out of town for work last week and he brought me some amazing goodies from trader joes. I wish we had one in my city.

I totally forgot to take a picture but one night I made a brown rice stir fry with fresh veggies, chicken and soyaki sauce. AMAZING! I REALLY wish we had a trader joes near us. This was the best stir fry ever!

So those are a few meals we made last week. How about you? What is on your plate this week? Thanks for linking up! I love seeing your ideas! :)

Comments

1. Miz Helen says:

Hi Erin,
    Your menu looks really delicious. Hope you have a awesome week and thank you so much for inspiring and hosting.
    Miz Helen

2. Lemon Pepper tilapia is one of my favorites meals. :)

3. Diane Balch says:

I lived on Kraft mac n cheese in college… there just is something about the stuff… beware. Thanks for the party good luck with your weight loss plan… you might be interested in the book on my blog. Spices for weight loss it’s a tasty way to loss weight.

4. Amy Barclay says:

Good luck on the weight loss… We switched from ground beef to ground chicken in our tacos, spaghetti, and lasagne and it tastes better. Hubby has gout in foot, so needed major menu overhaul for him (no beef, pork, turkey, shellfish, spinach, asparagus, etc – so he eats chicken and fish!)

He makes his own tortillas, started making with hand press, and then bought electric one and tweaked the recipe, really good. He makes a bunch and then either freezes or refrigerates. You can cut with pizza cutter, and make your own tortilla chips, the best I’ve ever had, really healthy. Just sprinkle with a little salt and put in toaster oven to crisp. Great with homemade guacamole (avocado, green onions, lime juice, and salt, and tomatoes if you want)

If your hubby does Trader Joes, their low sodium soy sauce is the best!

5. I so wish we had a Trader Joe’s closer to us too. We love so many of their products….I would love to try that Soyaki sauce. Will have to try to remember it. I try to get over to one on the east side of our state a few times a year!

6. Pat @ Elegantly, Gluten-Free says:

Your pizza idea to add the goodies from the fridge like spinach leaves, mushrooms, and so on is my favorite — never a dull pizza! Thanks for the ideas, and have a great week!
    Pat

7. OM @ AMothersOath.blogspot.com says:

Those pizzas looks yummy! I make my own bases and freeze them, so when I need one I just have to put the toppings and pop it in the oven. It saves a lot of time and it’s tastier than any of the storebought ones I tried. If I do not have frozen bases, I do them on top of bread slices. I never heard of sandwich thins before, but they look great!

8. Brussels sprouts always look so pretty! I’ve cooked them so many ways because I know they are healthy, but nobody in my house likes them (myself included).

9. Ashley @ www.coffeeandapplejuice.com says:

I am going to have to start linking up with you on Mondays! I do my menu every Monday morning and shop for the week on Monday afternoon. Your plates are the plates my mom had when I was little. They make me happy when I see them :)

10. There is something about that blue box isn’t there? Thanks for hosting. Your menu looks great!