Menu Monday: What’s for dinner?

Happy Monday! What is for dinner at your house this week? Here is a re-cap with what we had last week. I always link the previous week’s menu’s because it is a great way for me to document our meals and remember what we loved or didn’t love. But feel free to link your current or past menu’s. I love getting inspiration from other Mom’s! IMG_6148 Monday was a busy night so we made ham and beans and cornbread. I didn’t even take a picture of our ham and beans. It wasn’t pretty but it was good. I used dried beans instead of canned and it made it very mushy. We still liked it even though it wasn’t pretty. :) My corn muffins however were SO good and they were pretty! haha IMG_6176 Tuesday we had Reed’s Enchilada’s from the Picky Palate Cookbook. I seriously <3 that cookbook. This wasn’t a super pretty dish but we LOVED it! My family gobbled it up and scraped the dish for more! Almost everyone had seconds on this. A big hit and super easy to make. Wednesday¬†we had dinner out. We had some errands to run so we went to IHOP where kids eat free. Our total bill was $23. I could have made that cheaper at home but sometimes Momma needs a break from cooking. IMG_6183 Thursday we had Shepherd’s pie from the Picky Palate’s cookbook and it was pretty awesome! My family asked if I would make it again. I am not a fan however. I am sure it was amazing. But I am one of those strange people that do not like my food to touch. :)

Friday Audrey and I had Subway and the boys went with Dusty to play dodgeball for boyscouts and eat pizza. We stayed home and relaxed. :)

Saturday we were out of town and came home and made some eggs, bacon, toast and fruit for dinner. I forgot to take a pic! :(

Sunday after church we had BBQ pork sandwiches, homemade fries and veggies.

Sunday for dinner we had lasagna, homemade garlic bread and salad.

How about you? What’s on your plate this week or for last week? This week will have some super easy dinners. Have an awesome week!

Comments

1. Miz Helen says:

Hi Erin,
    Your Bar B Que Pork Sandwiches look awesome and I would love your night off at I Hop! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

2. Everything looks so good! Now I’m hungry!

3. I love weeks with super easy menus! Our week is coming mostly from the freezer so it may get interesting. Thanks for hosting!

4. I love that you can tell me the real menu, not just a plan! However, can you link in some recipes, I understand if it’s from a cookbook you may not have permission, but that lasagna looks great and I’d like some! thanks

5. Sarah @ Feed My Family says:

So many of those dishes look absolutely delicious. It’s definitely close to snack time here. :)

6. It looks like you had a great week cooking for your family! I love all the pictures you shared of all your meals. It’s such a nice treat to get out for dinner once a week! Thanks for stopping by my little blog today also Erin! Definitely try the oatmeal casserole it’s a huge family favorite in our house.

7. hsmominmo says:

Stopping over from OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday. Your menu this past week sounds delicious. I LOVE cornbread muffins and Ham & Beans! I make mine with dried beans too — with a little trial and error you’ll be making them perfectly.

8. Your corn muffins do look pretty! We’ve never made shephard’s pie, but I’m sure my hubby and daughter would enjoy it so we might have to try it. I’m not a huge fan of my foods touching either.

9. Pary Moppins says:

Your corn muffins were indeed very pretty. :) Sounds like you had a yummy week.

10. April @ Angel's Homestead says:

I always love seeing your header when I visit your blog, you have a beautiful family.

Your menu last week looks great, but I’m like you and do enjoy an occasional night off from cooking when we go out to eat.

11. Yum! I’m going to have to check out that cookbook!

12. Randomly Fascinated says:

Looks like you had a yummy week!
    I would love it if you would share this (and anything else you have been working on) at my linky party! http://domesticrandomness.blogspot.com/2013/01/friday-fascinations-8-everything-linky.html

13. Hazel I Moon says:

What a variety and interesting week of eating – some in and some out!

14. The Frugal Exerciser says:

I see you got that meal planning down pat. I’m going to start this week, since I start a part-time job on Tuesday.

15. You are too good taking pictures of everything!!!